Kamis, 02 Februari 2012

How to Make Eiffel Tower Cupcake Toppers


February is the only month when it is unofficially okay to have pink as your picture background for every post for the rest of the month. By "you" I mean "me". And while where at it, I'll include April on the list since it's my birthday month and I can practically do anything I want. 
But then again, pink is a popular background for all my posts. I hope by now you're used to it, though I try to balance the whole vibe with other colors as well. Sometimes, you see browns, oranges, reds, greens, oh well, you get it. But pink is the closest to my heart. Just saying. 

Anyway, since it's the love month and all, I thought I'd show you how I made the Eiffel Tower Cupcakes from this post. And I'm posting it early to give you all the prep time you need. How's that for nice? :)
What we need

Eiffel Tower Image
Knife
Gumpaste (I use Country Kitchen's Gumpaste Mix)
Brown gel food coloring
Royal Icing in piping bag with a #1 tip
Bronze luster dust
Vodka [friendly note: vodka is used to thin out the luster dust and not for drinking while doing this project. After all, friends don't let friends cake decorate while drunk :)] or a clear extract (ex vanilla or lemon)
Brush
Slim popsicle sticks

Here's How:

(1) Roll out gumpaste and cut out the Eiffel Towers using the template. Let it dry overnight
 (2) Thin out brown food coloring with vodka and brush onto the towers. Let it dry for about 2 hours.
 (3) Using the Royal Icing in piping bag with a #1 tip, pipe the outline and details on the tower. Let it dry (... again) 
 (4) Thin out the bronze luster dust with vodka and brush onto the details.
 Here are some cupcakes I prepped with heart sprinkles. Cupcakes taste so much better with sprinkles, says Fancy Nancy. Oh wait, that was ice cream I think. Same difference. 
Assemble towers on top of the cupcakes with Popsicle sticks for support. Oh la la!!!

1 komentar: